Friday, July 10, 2009

Create Your Own Swag

One of the newest trends this summer are convertible chain sunglasses. We have seen them on Rihanna and Amber Rose, and I am sure that their will be more sites of this recylced look to come this summer. Amber Rose wore a costly pair of vintage Chanel shades with wide frames and velvet intertwinded gold link chain.



Rihanna was spotted wearing Love/Hate convertible Chain glasses by Patricia Fields. This are more affordable than Chanel, but still pretty pricey for a trend. ( I do not reccomend splurging on trends unless you got it).


























I really liked both of these looks, but I definetly did not have the funds to purchase either pair. I suggest that everyone get a little creative every once in a while, it will definetly save you in the long run. I went to Michael's and purchased a 18" gold link chain that was on sale for $3. I then took a pair of sunglass that I already owned from WetSeal ($5) with a similiar shape to the Love/Hate and hot glued the chain to the glasses. Total Cost, including the hot glue gun that I bought from the craft store: $14










You can't go wrong with anything under $20, especially when you are looking just like the stars!







Patricia Fields Love/Hate Convertible Chain Sunglasses $250

No comments:

Post a Comment